[3830] ARRL 10 KU8E SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 9 19:36:48 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:09

   CW:  548    80
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  548    80  Total Score = 175,360

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Kenwood TS-850S - 100 watts - Vertical full wave loop @ 50 ft.

 Saturday was a real grind with lots of spotlight propagation. I had some runs
on Saturday where I worked at least 20 station in a row in CA then VE5-7 , then
WA/OR then MT then MN. N9RV was almost pinning the S meter in the TS850S. It
must have been a Sporadic E cloud moving from west to east. It's weird but none
of the South America guys were real loud here and for awhile many of them just
CQ'ed in my face. I never heard PJ2T even once and only heard PJ4NX one time on
Sunday morning but couldn't get thru the big pileup.

 The band seemed to be open to MN from GA the most. Had some spotty east coast
openings but it opened up with booming signals on Sunday for the last 1 1/2
hours to W1-W2-W3-W4 and Texas. That helped the score big time and had my best
run of the contest.

I think conditions were better on Sunday. The band was open somewhere all day.
There was some nice LP Sunday morning around 1300Z - heard a JA5, DU, BV and XV
but it was pretty much impossible to work that stuff with 100 watts and no beam.
Oh well.

Thanks for all the QSO's and Happy Holidays to all my contesting friends.

Jeff KU8E