[3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 9 19:42:19 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: KS

   CW:  10     9
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  10     9  Total Score = 360

Worked both days of the contest, and had family obligations with a special needs
grandchild. I put in an hour Sunday afternoon while fixed mobile with a new
homebuilt whip to hand out some points. The SWR was really high. Didn't work
nearly as well as my trusty Radio Shack CB mag. mount whip. Thus my effective
power was probably in the milli-watt range. Nonetheless, worked D4C, VP5CW,
LS1D, CX, etc. After getting home was monitoring 6M and heard some Es. Dropped
down to 10M and worked KN5O LA on 28.001 MHz at 2358 UTC by "loading up" the
attic 6M dipole.