[3830] ARRL 10 WX3B M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 9 20:58:21 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B,N8IVN,K3AJ,WA3AER
Station: WX3B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: md

   CW:  610    97
  SSB:  882    95
-------------------
Total: 1492   192  Total Score = 807,168

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a difference a year makes!!

My optimistic hope to be running Europeans for hours did NOT materialize,
however this is a fun contest because you just never know what 10 meters is
going to serve up.  For starters, that long path Asian opening both mornings
ROCKED!!

Plenty of USA stations to work, a few JAs, a few EUs, and reasonable
participation considering that the solar flux was way down this year.

The team was N8IVN and WX3B on Friday night and Saturday and Dennis did good
work coaxing out the QSOs on a rather slow band.

K3AJ and WA3AER arrived Saturday morning and it was their day to learn how to
partner with each other and have fun on the radio.  Tom K3AJ is a CW operator
so there was a good division of labor happening.

It was great fun watching the teamwork Tom and Ted.

One problem that really had Dennis and I scratching our head was the wiring of
the N3OC two radio box which seemed to have a poison length of coax on one side
that rendered the separate RX vertical useless.  That piece of coax has been so
labled....and the RX vertical worked better the second day, however there is
still great room for improvement in that area.

Now I am putting in my order for sunspots and a REAL band opening in the 2013
10 meter contest!

Merry Christmas and best holiday wishes to all.

73,

Jim   WX3B