[3830] ARRL 10 VE4VT SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 9 22:53:29 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   85    44
  SSB:   62    34
-------------------
Total:  147    78  Total Score = 36,192

Saturday I thought this was the LU/PY QSO party. Just a handful of deep South
American DX. There were some very strong signals from XE and the zone 8
Caribbean stations as well as Alaska. The skip zone was just too long for any
domestic propagation. The one exception being VO1TA booming from out on the
rock. Being in the center of the continent really sucked in this one.

Late Saturday evening found a couple stations in TN via sporadic E but that was
all that could be found.

Sunday morning there were some good signals from Africa and some weak sporadic
e openings to close in states. Worked, IL, WI, IA, SD and MT, all neighbors
practically.

Normally I can count on strong signals from CA, FL and STX, but not this
weekend. No problem working AK and NWT off the back of the beam however. My
guess from the folks on either coast will have probably run up some decent
numbers.

See everyone in a couple weeks for the RAC winter contest!

Ed