[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 10 01:19:44 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

   CW:
  SSB:  292    50
-------------------
Total:  292    50  Total Score = 29,200

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Radio: Elecraft K-2 (5 Watts)

Antenna: 3 el SteppIR up 10 Meters

***********************************

Conditions were not very good. I never heard a European station all weekend.

I workded a couple VKs and got ZM1G with 10 minutes left in the contest for my
final mult. Also got 2 EA8s.  All the rest of my Qs were in this hemisphere:
South America, Central America, Caribbean and North America.

This is the one contest I enter where I can call CQ and get answers with my 5
watts! Half of the Qs I made in this contest were by CQing.

I only operated 10 hours in this contest, but that wasn't for lack of trying!
The band died about 03:00 Z and not a peep until about 15:00 Z. Then there were
a lot of Grandpa duties and a few othere things I had to do that kept me from
the rig. It seemed like I was operating for more than 10 hours, but that is
what the N1MM logging program tells me.

The other odd thing about propagation was that there was no short skip. From
here in San Diego, I worked every state in call areas 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8. But
besides the locals, I only worked one state west of the Mississippi!

But that is 10 Meters....

73,   Bill Parker  W8QZA / W6QU