[3830] ARRL 10 G0HVQ SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 10 04:50:48 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: G0HVQ
Operator(s): G0HVQ
Station: G0HVQ

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  127    45
  SSB:   36    18
-------------------
Total:  163    63  Total Score = 36,540

Club: Vulture Squadron Contest Group

Comments:

Wondered if I'd overslept by several years and woke up at solar minimum!

ARRL 10m was a real challenge this year, some propagation was there but you had
to really hunt it out, and the band was quiet for long periods. The long path
was especially good from Europe to KH6 and JA, and I managed to work some big
signals from Thailand at their sunset. But the windows of propagation were few
and short, I thought I wasn't going to work mainland USA at all until the very
end when, during our sunset, we got a sidescatter opening into W9 and W0.

At the end of the day though it was good fun, and kinda nice to have to work
hard rather than have the bands wide open.

Equipment: Icom 7400 + Acom 1000 amp, 300W, 4 ele monobander.

73 - Darrell G0HVQ