[3830] ARRL 10 KV8Q SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 10 08:37:14 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: KV8Q

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  255    63
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  355    63  Total Score = 64,260

Club: DELARA Contest Team255

Comments:

Didn't really plan to operate this event very much.  Had lots of outdoor chores
lined up.  But, then it rained.  I also had a committment from 5pm to 10pm
Saturday evening; but, I thought, what the heck.  Let me give this a try with
the GAP Eagle DX since my temporary ten meter antenna was already packed up.
Lots of spotlight propagation.  I only had one Q with EU on Saturday and about
ten on Sunday.  Heard a BD7 Sunday morning all by himeslf.  I gave him a call
and he came back 8Q?  I called him again but the big boys called over me.  It
was nice to hear him though.  Left a lot of mults on the table in W1, W2 and W3
land.  They just couldn't hear me.  At one time Saturday, all I worked was VE7,
VE6, VE5, WA, and OR.  Must have been a slow drifting Sporadic-E cloud between
me and them.  Boy, were they strong!!!  Anyway, it all worked out okay.  Had
lots of fun.  Hopefully, I can get it on my schedule next year with my good ten
meter antenna.
Rig = TenTec Jupiter @ 100 watts
Antenna = GAP Eagle DX