[3830] ARRL 10 K1WHS M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 10 09:35:08 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS,W1UE,K1BX
Station: K1WHS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Me

   CW:  948   127
  SSB:  964   108
-------------------
Total: 1912   235  Total Score = 1,344,200

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

That was fun! Friday night netted a little over 200 Qs; it was like you drew a
line from ND to TX, and virtually every state east of that was worked and,
outside NM, nothing west of that was worked!  A few DX Qs, but virtually all
US.

Saturday morning, first European was worked at 1302 when 9A1A called us.  What
passed as a European run died an hour and a half later, with all of 15
Europeans worked.  They would come out of the noise for just a minute, and
hopefully you could get their callsign and number before they faded back out.
The rest of Saturday was spent working the states, as many SA and Carib
stations couldn't be heard.  There was a good opening to the west this day,
leading to us getting most of the sections out west.  Just as Friday night, the
band closed about 0230Z.

The highlight Sunday was the LP opening to SE Asia.  I have never heard signals
as strong on LP as they were that day; the only thing that stopped us from
working lots of stations there was there weren't many on.  We did manage to
work JA, VR, BA, BU, XV, HS, and 9V, and it made it worthwhile to keep one of
the antennas in the stack on the LP opening.  The European "opening", if you
want to call it that, started earlier and lasted longer (1200-1600Z), but was
still not a major opening.

For the weekend, we wound up with 88% of our Qs with North American stations;
we had just 68 European Qs and 18 European mults, and most of them were here
now and gone.

Congrats to the K1LZ crew on a good score.  Looks like we got you this year!

Dennis W1UE