[3830] ARRL 10 K2PS SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 10 15:36:05 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: DC

   CW:  457    83
  SSB:  263    68
-------------------
Total:  720   151  Total Score = 355,454

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Now that was a strange 10-meter contest.  When you get LP Asia (worked JA with
the antenna pointing north, realizing later on what was happening) in the
morning when the solar flux is just about 100, and afternoon LP Asia (worked
A45XR pointing west), you just know this is not the usual state of affairs.  I
can also throw in the fact that most of my the best rates took place after
sundown, at a time the band should be closing.  I was particularly dismayed
that the 48th hour of the contest provided my top rate.  I'm usually glad when
the contest is over, but not this time.

For me to compete against the W5 and W6 boys, I need a good EU opening where I
can run, run, run.  Worked three Saturday morning, five Sunday morning, and a
few EA and CT stations Sunday afternoon.  So I knew I didn't have a chance -
especially when I heard K6AM running the East Coast.

Nice to see many DC stations on.  Worked five others: KE3X, NN3RP, K0DI, KE3VV,
and K6PFA.  Hope to see Eric, W3DQ, active again soon from the Nation's
Capital.

73, Pete, K2PS/3 in DC