[3830] ARRL 10 VK4WIL M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Dec 12 03:58:32 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VK4WIL
Operator(s): VK4SN VK4QH VK4MN
Station: VK4WIL

Class: M/S LP
QTH: QG62EN
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  687   112
  SSB:  327    69
-------------------
Total: 1014   181  Total Score = 615,762

Well it seems that a lot of operators didn't join in the fun over the weekend
due to poor propagation forecasts.
Besides that, the band was very poor indeed, the lack of operators on air was
noticeable. SSB was very poor, but
good 5 and 9 signals from most CW stations made CW easy for most of the weekend
being affected by QSB at times. There was little propagation into USA at the
kickoff. Sunday was worse than Saturday's performance and VK4WIL's target was
falling way below last years effort.
Sunday night saw 20+ signals from Europe long path and still 5/7 short path. We
had beams pointing both directions. South America was worked LP till about 9pm
local.
Due to poor SSB, we ended up sitting on CW most of the weekend, and this
morning (Monday) was so bad for VX contacts into the States, we finished the
last 3 hours using CW only.  Thanks to all for the contacts. Alan VK4SN.