[3830] OK RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 15 19:28:51 EST 2012

                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

   80:  150   651      24        22
   40:  352  1710      47        31
   20:  137   234      28        15
   15:  107   160      31         6
   10:  146   276      32        21
--------------------------------------
Total:  892  3031     162        95  Total Score = 778,967

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the Czech Radio Club for sponsoring the Contest.  Nice way to end the
year.

Bands were in good condition.  Actually, 10 meters was better this weekend than
last weekend for the ARRL 10 Meter Contest.

Seemed like too many stations left 10 meters before it closed for many areas,
e.g., East Coast USA to Europe was open long after most European and East Coast
USA stations may have gone down to 15 meters.  This was my observation from
looking at the DX Cluster spots and seeing many of the stations that had been
spotted on 10 meters now showing up as 15 meter spots.  Yet propagation was
still good, for me at least, between Europe and East Coast USA.

Eighty meters was very productive.  Too bad I had to go to bed while 80 was
still open to Europe.  Ran out of energy as replaced the rotor on the tower
before the Contest.  However, did get up at dawn and picked up a number of USA
West Coast stations plus Mike, VK6HD, on 80 meters.  Mike had a very readable
signal, well above the noise level using the west Beverage ant.

Miss SO2R operation, but was able to practice quickly going from running to
picking up a mult. on the same band and returning to run freq. without loosing
the freq.  Still a work in progress.

Again, had fun and thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.  Merry
Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2013.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH