[3830] TBDC HC2UA(W6NF) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 30 08:53:14 EST 2012

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: HC2UA
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: HC2AC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ballenita, Ecuador
Operating Time (hrs): 2,5

Total:  QSOs = 5  Total Score = 59

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Life is too short for LP...especially on TB! A whole host of stations were
heard, grid locators copied, and called: VE3TA, VE3MMQ, FM5CD, 4O3A, YT8A,
E77DX plus more than a dozen state-side stations with no joy on any of them.
Thanks to the few who were able to pull me out. Even an OM, whose call I did
not jot down, at was loud at 2300Z, 20 minutes before SS.

I was amazed that one Caribbean station could not hear me while he was S9 +15db
at times! 50db F/B receive antenna, maybe? ;>) Serious AC power issues continued
with random variations in voltage from 85 to 110 volts. I have been told that,
with the start of the holiday season, there are many occupying their summer
beach homes and running A/C, which the local power grid cannot handle.

After 8 weeks my self-sent care package arrived, which includes my N6RK loop.
I'm looking forward to putting that up to see how it works in this noisy (S5-6
noise level) environment.