[3830] TBDC K2PO Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 30 13:18:24 EST 2012

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon

Total:  QSOs = 334  Total Score = 2,644

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time!

Score is up over last year â€" I think due to antenna improvement (inverted-L
now goes up 85’ instead of 45’).

A Golden Ear award goes to ZL3IX, who answered my 100w CQ, and had no trouble
with my report.  (In contrast, I struggled with his info.  ZL is off the side
of my bidirectional beverage, so I had to pull him out between static crashes
on the inverted L.)  Kudos, too, to K7CA, for handing out so many long-haul
QSOs from Chile.

10 Japanese QSOs this year (10 last year too).  I heard no European, and there
seemed to be less Caribbean activity than last year.  55% of my QSOs were from
CQing.

Tnx to all the casual ops who got on briefly to hand out a few QSOs, and to the
Boring ARC for putting on the show...

73,

/Bill, K2PO
Oregon CN85

Rig: TS-850, Inverted-L, 250’ bi-directional Beverage