[3830] TBDC KQ0C Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 30 14:50:07 EST 2012

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KQ0C
Operator(s): KQ0C
Station: KQ0C

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 204  Total Score = 806

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I was able to work all I could hear... except for the KE who fell asleep with
the radio calling CQ. And I ran for the first time in a CW contest. The
Inverted L seemed to be working well since I never took more than 2 calls to
get through. I used a Wellbrook loop as my primary receiving antenna, with a
BOG as the alternate. The BOG is quieter, but less sensitive. I heard East
Coast stations working Europe early in the contest but never heard Europe
myself. Did manage to work Chile, Alaska, Hawaii, and a few in the Carribean.