[3830] RAC Winter K9YC SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 30 21:04:03 EST 2012

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: SCV

  160:    8      5       3         2
   80:   57     35       5         7
   40:  114     93       7         9
   20:  120    106       7        11
   15:   57     70       9        10
   10:   11      1       3         1
Total:  367    310      34        40  Total Score = 352,684

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I've always enjoyed both RAC contests, and this one was no exception. The rules
encourage participation, with both a simple exchange (perhaps too simple on the
Canadian side -- you KNOW the province as soon as you copy the call, so there's
zero challenge for the non-Canadian operator), and the result is nearly always
great turnout both inside and outside Canada. As with most contests nowadays,
there seem to be more casual VE operators on SSB than CW.

The only disappointment for me was weak turnout by VE on 160 and 80M,
especially on SSB, and many of those who might have been there early had gone
to bed by the time the bands were open to W6.

Thanks for another great contest, and for all the Qs.

73, Jim K9YC