[3830] TBDC W5JR Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 31 00:01:59 EST 2012

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W5JR
Operator(s): W5JR
Station: W5JR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 119  Total Score = 374

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Drove from DFW back to Atlanta, then DX Club Holiday party and then SP.
Surprised I lasted 2.5 hours!  Timing usually means I miss The Stew, but it
worked out this year even though road conditions due to weather almost forced a
delay in the trip home.

Band conditions seemed great, very low noise at this QTH despite the rain in
the area.  None of the usual industrial noises.  Worked a few on the West Coast
easily.  Missed the EU sunrise and the JA sunset, oh well.  The inverted L
survived the high winds while we were away.  I could hear faint stations
answering my CQs but were at my noise level.  Will have RX antennas on line by
CQ time or operate from another station if this house sells before hand.
Building in a beverage friendly location in time for next season.

IC-756 Pro II, Power by Alpha 78, Inverted L (TX & RX), animal crackers by
Costco