[3830] TBDC K9MMS Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 31 21:19:56 EST 2012

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 257  Total Score = 1,046

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 + AL-80B 800 Watts ; Win-Test Logging
TX: Inverted L ; RX: EWE, Short reversible, and Hi-Z 2-3 triangular array.

100% S&P

Score calculation via Win-Test and subject to adjustment by Tree's analysis.

DX (26  QSOs):  CE1/K7CA, DL7ON, E77DX, EI7M, F5IN, F6ARC, TM6M, FM5CD, G3BJ,
G3XGC, G3XTT, G4AMT, G4BWP, G0OPB, GM0GAV, IV3PRK, KV4FZ, KH6LC, KH6ZM, KH7X,
KH7Y, KL7RA, OE9R, ON4ATW, ON9CC, and XE2S.  Best DX was CE1/K7CA --
fortunately, I have worked him in many previous 160 contests -- Thank you for
regularly being there!

Band did not open much to EU until later.  From about 0630 - 0730 UTC, heard
many EU stations, and most had good signals.  A few other EU were heard outside
of that time window, off and on, for quite a while, but they were near the noise
level.  Never heard any Africa stations, and KH6s were the only Oceania stations
heard.  Was hoping to hear JA, KH2, E51, and D3 among others, but nil here.
Only heard KL7RA for a short time, but the KH6 stations were copyable off and
on for a few hours.  Took a nap and then got back on around my sunrise, but the
DX was about nil then.

Thanks to Tree and the BARC for a great format.  Any contest on top band is
great, but the TBDC format is one of the best.

Thanks for the Qs and fun.
73,
   Gary