[3830] NA Sprint CW VA7ST LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 4 20:15:03 PST 2012

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC

---------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I really didn't plan to be in the Sprint, but at about 2340z while working in
the BC QSO Party, someone (I think it was AA7V) reminded me that the Sprint was
about to start. So at the top of the hour I switched N1MM contest logs and away
I went on 20M -- having a great time handing out BC for the first hour or so.

Spent 30 minutes on 40M, then took a 1.5-hour break -- as usual, scuttling any
chance of being competitive.

Got back on and worked what I could on 40M before heading to 80M for the final
half hour or so. Conditions improved on 80M quite a bit during those final
minutes. Last Q was a great mult from VE9AA.

Managed personal best -- not a huge score at all, but a nice bump up from
previous, similarly short-time outings. With LP I even made my old HP attempts
look rather weak.

73, Bud VA7ST
http://www.va7st.ca/home.html
http://www.orcadxcc.org

February CW Sprints      Qs    Mults    Score
February-12     SOLP    168     41      6,888
February-10     SOLP    150     35      5,250
February-09     SOHP<   147     34      4,998
February-08     SOHP<    63     22      1,386
February-05     SOLP    100     32      3,200
February-04     SOLP     66     17      1,122