[3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 5 08:31:19 PST 2012

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ca

   80:   52     1.0
   40:   50    1.15
   20:   35     .45
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #3

Comments:

Late start, lots of fun, and I'm gaining Sprint CW experience after each
successive event.

I'm improving on calling a station on his/her frequency then logging a second
station on the same frequency. Afterwards, input my CQ frequency from the
keyboard, press enter, either calling CQ or search for another station. My jump
input was 10 kilohertz after logging a station, typically, low-to-high then
high-to-low on the band. It was effective especially jumping into a clear
channel when calling CQ or jumping to a frequency while another station called
CQ as a bonus.

Many thanks to those who worked through my fumbles at the keyboard. Sprint CW
is F1 Formula racing for RadioSport!

73, Scot KA3DRR

Icom 756ProIII
Alpha 89