[3830] MnQP W0BH Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 7 19:17:10 PST 2012

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

  160:
   80:      21       13
   40:     135       70
   20:      29       14
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     185       97  Mults = 84  Total Score = 47,376

Another fun MNQP! The bands were semi-OK from Kansas this year. 20 came in
strong twice for several hours, and 40 was good all day, although really weak
at times. I made a few 80m Qs right off the top, but got most of them in the
last hour.

Great job by the mobiles as always!  Many thanks to N0IJ/27, K0PC/26, N0PI/19,
W0ZQ/18, N0EO/15, W0AA/12, KT0R/9, KE0G/7, N0UR/4 and W0FZ/4, N0IM/3, NV0P/2
and K0BBC/2,  NR0T/1 and KD0CVO/1. Since I couldn't work mobiles on 20 for most
of the day, the 40m Qs were really appreciated.

The loudest consistent mobile signal into Kansas this year goes to K0PC/m,
which helped me work him in all of his counties. N0IJ/m wasn't loud most of the
time, but managed to pull me out every time I tried, so I'll give him the "best
ears" award for several ESP-type Qs. I especially appreciated always knowing
where to find N0EO/m as he covered the far northwestern counties. I missed two
of those counties last year and was determined to put them in the log this
time.

Overall, I worked 111 unique Minnesota stations, missing Fillmore, Kandiyohi,
and Wilkin counties.  I know they were all active and heard people working them
on 20 when I couldn't hear them.

The Minnesota Wireless Association and associated organizers and sponsors along
with the fixed stations put on a great show every year from mostly snowy
Minnesota. You did it again!

73, Bob, w0bh