[3830] NHQP N4CD SOST LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 12 10:47:00 PST 2012

                    New Hampshire QSO Party

Call: N4CD
Operator(s): N4CD
Station: N4CD

Class: SOST LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  UHF:
------------------------
Total:     7        7  Mults = 5  Total Score = 305

Score includes working 4 bonus stations.   Good activity for first time in a
dozen years.  Nothing heard from Belknap, Coos, Grafton, Sullivan counties or
spotted by any county hunter.  Maybe next year?    (and 40/80 doesn't hack it
for TX).

Rules do not allow for 'spotting' but county hunters are interested in working
counties/band counties/band modes so most aren't going to be submitting formal
logs for the contest since they use spotting.

You would think that the contest folks would want the maximum number of
contacts.  If you are low power in state with wire antennas or a vertical, or
mobile, where your signal is 20-30 db below the kilowatt fixed stations running
six over six on 20 and 15, and 4 over 4 on 40M, and full size verticals on
80M.....you sure want to be 'found'.  It's really tough mobile on SSB, and not
easy on CW.   Most contests allow spotting and watching the spots, even if it
puts you in a different category.  A lot of the contacts made in this contest
would not have been made - many county hunters are not going to be constantly
scanning the band for the weaker stations, or see the rare spot when 15 or 10m
pops open. some just show up when a 'needed' county appears.    Different
strokes for different folks.

Saw only one spot on 10m and 15 was good if you were far enough away.  Maybe no
one went to 10M?   Saw only one spot by YV5OIE.

Rig: 100W to R5 vertical up 13 feet.

this log won't be submitted to N1IX since I spotted every NH station I heard
and watched the spots for ones I didn't find first.