[3830] RTTY WPX K7RF SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 12 17:28:18 PST 2012

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K7RF
Operator(s): K7RF
Station: K7RF

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Oregon

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

There can be no doubt conditions this year were superior to last.  Had planned
only to spend 9 to 12 hours depending on early morning availability of 6 point
Q's on 40M.  But conditions on 15 were so good on Sunday that I just kept
plugging away and exceeded my anticipated participation.  Heartbreaking to
leave Sunday morning for family activities just at as 15 was good from the NW
to Europe. Regular visit from Murphy put a stop to FSK transmission Saturday
evening without advance notice.  Checked and double checked all the
connections, even read the manual (gasp!) and everything seemed fine.  When all
ideas (which weren't many) were exhausted resorted to rebooting the computer.
Voila, back in business after 45 minutes of head scratching.  Thanks everyone
for the Q's and your patience.

Icom 756 Pro II
Ten Tec Titan running 600 watts
3 element SteppIR at 50'