[3830] RTTY WPX AB3IC SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 12 18:44:13 PST 2012

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maryland-DC
Operating Time (hrs): 4:12

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Question One - What is the result when you don't have your system set-up right
on the first night of the contest?

Background: I was calling and calling and only one person came back to me.  I
was able to make several contacts using HRD/DM780, but using WriteLog I was
getting no responce.  I turned on my back-up rig and listened to my transmit
tones and was surprised to hear a noisy, screeching, nasty set of tones,
instead of what I expected.  No wonder no-one was coming back to me...I'm using
a SignaLink USB but was running it at 100% for both recording and playback sides
(according to the Win 7 sound-card utility).  In other words, I was overdriving
the signal.  After I figured this out (Saturday Morning) I started to make a
few contacts.

Question Two - What happens when you've been gone on a business trip all week
and you're XYL has made up for your absence by putting together a lengthly
honey-do list.

Background - When Mama's happy, everyone's happy - I not only did everything
she asked me to, but I took her out for a nice lunch and a Valentine's shopping
trip - Got her a new watch.

The ANSWER - You get a score like the one I'm submitting...