[3830] RTTY WPX KD9MS SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 12 18:52:52 PST 2012

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Had to work again on Saturday night. This contest was fun though, I like being a
multiplier! Not much better than seeing all that RED show up when calls start
coming in (RED means multipliers!) Bands were a bit fluttery here over the
poles. At one point I thought we had another CME that disrupted everything. Did
get a few JA's though. I am still learning to do RTTY on MMTTY, I am really used
to MixW but this works alright with N1MM software.

I ran the FT990 at full 100 Watts! it worked well, but some problems with the
AFSK so driving it was a bit of a problem so for the next contest I need to go
FSK with it. Thanks to Don AA5AU for his help and all the articles in NCJ that
talk about our radiosport. This is a fun contest and thanks to everyone for the
contacts!

73, Craig KD9MS
...way down in the southern tip of Illinois!