[3830] RTTY WPX S51A(@S53APR) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 13 00:41:45 PST 2012

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: S51A
Operator(s): S50LD S51D S51F S54KM S55O S56CW S58L
Station: S53APR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: jn76gc

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Band     QSOs    Pts  WPX
         3,5     469    1912  207
           7     813    3828  312
          14     652    1598  195
          21     418    1131  142
          28      28      78    7
       Total    2380    8547  863

Score : 7.376.061

Ant:
TH6DXX
rotary dipole @ 18m and 2x vertical 40m
vertical 80m

Nice contest, we had our fun and learned a lot. Made the new operators work
some of their first qso's on rtty test, they have a great learning curve and
they surely did their part. Great job guys!

What to say about the test? Bad cond on upper bands on saturday, the rate to
USA were realy realy poor. Never did the rate drop so much on the upper bands
on 13-15h local. Same goes to the sat/sun night. We started sunday morning with
more usa on 40m as on 15m or 20m !! OMG!

Sunday the condx on 15 and 20 improved and we had some usa runs finnaly :) Not
too big pileups, but a steady 60+ qso/h rate. Some short JA runs on 15m after a
long time. Cluster pileups are nice, but rare (they dont spot us too much HI :)

I thank all the members of the group for their efforts with the antenna work
and preparation of the location. We put up a vertical for 80m and 2 verticals
for 40m that helped a lot in our 2 money bands. The 80m vertical must become a
standard issue equipment in the s51a arsenal :) (the to s51f for lending the
vertical).

We managed to pass the S5 record by 700k points, so the goals were met and the
operators had their fun.

We love this game!

Ian S55O for the S51A team

p.s. log on lotw shortly.