[3830] RTTY WPX WE4M(N2QT) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 13 09:27:26 PST 2012

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was a lot of fun! I am always amazed at how well people can pull my signal
out of the noise and qrm/n.

I thought I could make 3.5M and just barely did. I was hoping to get enough
cushion to survive log checking and be left with the 3.5 but just seemed to run
out of new stations to work, and couldn't get a run going at the end.  Still I
have to be happy with this being my best ever result.  My point/qso is lower
this year by about 8%, probably indicating a relative lack of Europe on 40/80
for me.

I have problems in the slugfest that is 20M but with 10/15 open there were
always two productive bands to play on.  I'm not sure I have the off time
decisions figured out, but that does give another dimension to this contest
rather than like in the all you can stand variety.

Looking forward to some high power contests coming up.  With the amp running it
at least gives me a place to warm my hands in its exhaust air!

K3 (external fans on both)
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at  54 ft
shunt fed tower on  80 M, 80M dipole at 50 ft