[3830] RTTY WPX SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 13 12:53:51 PST 2012

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SP2XF

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: JO92PR

Total:  821  Prefixes = 439  Total Score = 1,472,406

TNX for all QSO's.

My first serious effort in a RTTY contest. Great fun, the only problem with
this mode is that the rate is slow and remains abt the same for almost all the
time.

Very easy mode to do efficient S&P between CQ's, on second TRX or on using
second VFO, as I prefer to do.

The band was not quite open on the first night, but saturday was very good as
well as sunday morning. Worked more than 50 W/VE, few Carribeans including
V31RU but nobody from SA! Also very little participation from Asia, only
UA9/UA0, A65 and BA1AI that called me 20min before the end of the contest...

RIG: IC 775, IC 765 + PA
ANT: 164m loop up 12-15m
RX ANT: 1x k9ay n/s/w/e and 2x k9ay broadside array for USA (50m spacing)

73's
Mac SP2XF