[3830] ARRLDX CW KJ4FDV SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 16:32:17 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KJ4FDV
Operator(s): KJ4FDV
Station: KJ4FDV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 20:15

  160:    2     2
Total:  395   204  Total Score = 241,740

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Lots of fun with several decent openings on each band.  Tried to work DXCC in a
weekend but only came up with 81.  That should put me near 100 though when
added to DXpeditions I've worked, if most of them show up in LoTW.  No luck
CQing at all; 30 minutes of CQing here and there only netted 1 QSO. Rest was
S&P.  Antennas: 135 foot inverted vee up 35 ft on 80M, 40M, and 20M.  50 foot
dipole up 50ft on 20M, 15M, and 10M. Inverted L up 60 out 75 on 160M.  Before
next year, I hope I can find the time (and space) to try some wire beams.