[3830] ARRLDX CW N4YDU SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 16:55:45 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Youngsville, NC

Total: 2038   385  Total Score = 2,353,890

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another great ARRL DX CW Contest. I was anticipating spending about 35 hours in
the chair for work reasons - but that didn't hold.

15M was a pure blast on Saturday morning with super rates and very strong
signals to Europe. 10 meters never really opened that well to Europe but there
were a few mults to be had (I think I left several on 10 during the morning
hours). 20M was the big band on Sunday and 40 was steady both nights. 160 and
80 were much better for me on the second night (despite a lot of static
noise).

This was a personal best for me (by just a little).

I'm planning on operating in the SSB leg from home.

Station: 2 IC 765s and wire antennas.

73,

Nate/N4YDU