[3830] ARRLDX CW N9CO SOSB/20 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 18:52:39 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: IL

Total:  775    99  Total Score = 230,175

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Had lot of fun and discovered some interesting band openings.  Best pileup
busted was around 1900z on Sunday, when I came across a small but fierce pileup
on E21EIC.  He was on 14076 kHz, and apparently that is the playground for some
obnoxious digital mode, because there sure was lots of goofy sounding QRM.
Champ was a solid S9 here, short path.  Never expected the band to be open to
HS this early.  It felt good making this Q with 100 watts.

20m is always fun in ARRL DX.  Something about working VK's and ZL's longpath
in the afternoon makes it feel like "real" DX.

Thanks to all our EU friends for the QSO's and mults.  JA's had good signals
both days, but just didn't seem like there is ever enough of them.

Antenna here is a 26' boom 4el homebrew monobander at 85'.  Rig is a
FT-1000MP.

Thanks for a fun weekend!

73,
Charlie  N9CO