[3830] ARRLDX CW K7BG SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 21:05:01 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 26:53

Total: 1562   300  Total Score = 1,405,800

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Hadnt planned on operating as much as I did. I missed all of Friday night and
didn’t get in the contest until around 1500utc Saturday, but the fun factor
kicked in and I didn't get much else done this weekend. This was mainly a high
band contest for me. The rates seemed pretty good except for a lazy 10 meter
band. A bit of a disturbance hit later in the day rendering the low bands a bit
tough. I was wishing I hadnt missed Friday night when condx were better. I was
able to run some Europe on 40 Saturday night/Sunday morning, but the band was
weird. Decided to sleep instead of slug it out searching for mults on the low
bands. Missed the morning long path both mornings including the JA openings on
the low bands. I guess the 10 meter band isn’t the only thing that was lazy.
The old Drake L-7 ran great in the low power position at around 700 watts. What
a great old amp, never a grunt or a groan.
Thanks to all for the great time! Good to see everybody.

CU in the next one,
Mattâ€"K7BG