[3830] ARRLDX CW K5ER SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 22:07:16 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER
Station: K5ER

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA

  160:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  113    67  Total Score = 22,713

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

I keep saying I've got to get better, but never find time to practice. There
were some really good ops on, who seemed to be able to copy virtually anything
that was thrown at them. Thanks for the great ears, guys! I hadn't even planned
to operate, but ended up free Sat nite, and decided to give out some points. I
also decided to try assisted for 1st time at home. With the N1MM software, it
allowed me to skip the US stations and S&P somewhat quicker. Kind of fun, but
will probably stay un-assisted for most contests.

   Had the new home brew 20 OWA up at 40 feet locked down to the NE for
testing. Most of NE USA was +40 to +60. What a bummer to have to dial right
past them all. Though not at optimum height for the distance, EU was plenty
loud. Asiatic Russia sigs were all fluttery over the pole, but still easy
enough to copy with the added antenna gain. Once the entire stack is up, I'm
sure it will be more fun.

   See you in the phone portion next month.

73,
Mark, K5ER