[3830] ARRLDX CW K3STX SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 20 05:53:05 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MD

Total:  341   215  Total Score = 219,876

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had grand plans of making a rather concerted effort on 40 SB, problem was I
was going to do it ASSISTED. Then I realized there was no such category. Oh
well, strike one. Was too tired to stay up late on Friday (had shoulder surgery
2 weeks ago), so went to bed by 0530Z after operating only a couple of hours.
Strike two. But I had great hopes for 40 on the second night.

We all know about the storm on Saturday night, but it must have struck my QTH
more than anyone else, I could not hear but a HANDFUL of Europeans and EVERYONE
had TRENENDOUS auroral flutter. STRIKE THREE. So that's it for my 40 M effort,
80 was actually better than 80, but my 100 watts didn't cut it. Still tired, I
think I went to bed around 0600Z. Boo Hoo. I LOVE these all night contests, but
this was not to be. I spent most of the time finding new mults and getting DX
Marathon entities. So I had fun. There were NO highlights for me.

See ya in WPX.

paul
Kenwood TS-850S, 20/40 fan dipole up 50', 100' long center fed zepp up 50', 80M
wire vertical N1MM