[3830] ARRLDX CW W6YX M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 20 10:06:51 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO W6RK
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CA

Total:  267   165  Total Score = 132,165

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Not enough Stanford operators available for a serious
effort. A few ops used their own calls to work some DX.
I operated as W6YX on Friday night and Saturday morning.
Since there were zero W6 entries last year in M/S LP,
that seemed like a good category. I also had a chance
to get the settings right on a new microham keyer.

The first hour on 10m was kinda slow. Second hour on
15m was double better. Saturday morning for Europe showed
20m and 15m to be more productive than 10m. Still, lots
of DX available, and lots of CW fun. Thanks for the
contacts!

W6YX CA

W6YX Stanford University equipment:
10m: 6 el yagi at 70 ft, 5-el at 30 ft
15m: 6 el yagi at 70 ft, 5 el yagi at 25 ft
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft, 5 el yagi at 36 ft
Yaesu FT-1000MP
Writelog software, microham keyer