[3830] ARRLDX CW N4RV M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 20 10:54:43 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4RV
Operator(s): N4RV, NN3W
Station: N4RV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA

Total: 1395   440  Total Score = 1,841,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started contest as a casual SOA, S&P operation as other committments took
large chunks out of the weekend operating time, including most of Sunday.
Got started late Friday at 10:30PM and went until 4AM.
Got back on at 10 AM Sat. and operated until about 9PM, when Rich, NN3W, who
had to cancel his planned operation at N3HBX's QTH due to family illness,
called and agreed to come over for a while on Sat. night to help out. He got
here about 9PM and operated until about 2:30AM.
 We changed our category from SOA to M/S, one transmitter.
After Rich left, I continued operating until 4AM and then went QRT for the rest
of the contest. No operation after 4AM Sunday morning.

Most of the operation occured during the night and conditions seemed quite good
on the low bands. Saturday night was however, the better of the two nights from
here.
 10 meters was fair on Saturday morning to EU when I got on about 10:30AM. I
found most of the EU stations on the direct path rather than the skewed path.

40 meters seemed very good and I was still working EU when I went QRT at 4AM on
Sunday morning.