[3830] ARRLDX CW DH8BQA SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 20 14:12:41 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DH8BQA
Operator(s): DH8BQA
Station: DH8BQA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: JO73ce

  160:   10     9
Total: 1369   204  Total Score = 837,216

Although my CW is not very good I had a lot of fun in this one. Sorrily not more
possible with my small setup (Elecraft K3, PA + Cushcraft X7 tri-bander and
dipoles on the low bands ... and 6 ele 10 m monobander without much use this
time).

A pity 10 did not really open up! Out of the three dozen 10 m QSOs W4ZV and a
handful other FL/VA stations were really loud (ZV peaking 599 on the meter) but
all others only at the noise level.

Low bands sucked big time, especially the first night. Second night was better
but still not what I am normally used to ...

See you again in the SSB part in 2 weeks ... probably only single band on one
of the upper 3 then, will see. ;-))

Vy 73, Olli - DH8BQA
http://www.dh8bqa.de