[3830] ARRLDX CW EF8USA(EA8AY) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 21 03:53:56 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EF8USA
Operator(s): EA8AY
Station: EA8AY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TENERIFE

   15: 1060    57
Total: 3657   276  Total Score = 3,026,340

Club: CWops

Comments:

First thanks to all for the qso, s, it was fun. Thanks to my wife Olga and my
children  Alex and Guille for letting me  time for my hobby. The conditions
were not very good. I had a problem with the antenna 160 and I could not fix it
this time he could not do even a qso on this band. My goal was to improve my
performance in 2011 and I have succeeded. In my house I have no good position
to radio for it in the big competitions I go to my portable qth in the north of
my island. In my terms of portable just too tired to ride all the antennas and
the station that I just caused the second night I had to go to sleep but by
mistake I was sleeping 5 hours, those were my best times to USA in low bands. I
think I lost over 500 qso, s but so are things of the contests. Next year could
be improved.

The antenna worked perfectly, the spiderbeam did a good job and also the
fishing rod to 80. My new invention the 2 vertical elements did a good job
putting strong signals (thanks Kenny K2KW for your advice).
Another positive thing on my new icom 7410 is fantastic, much better than my
previous yaesu ft950, the audio is very good and did not cause any fatigue and
roofing filters did a great job.
Thanks to my good friends CWops NP4Z, EA8CAC, K2KW, NQ3A for their advice. All
info, photos, videos, statistics have it complete in my
site:http://www.ea8ay.com/ef8x/index.html.
until the next contest!

Luis
EA8AY (EF8USA)

My setup:
Icom 7410
Old Horse SB200
USB RigExpert
Spiderbeam 10-15-20
Top loaded rod 80m
4The Yagi. 10 homemade
2el array 40 fishing rods

“I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies; for the hardest victory is over self”
Aristotle