[3830] NAQP RTTY NG7Z Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 26 06:17:21 PST 2012

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA

Total:  660   182  Total Score = 120,120

Club:

Team: Marks in Space

Comments:

Well, that was fun! Ol' man propagation was not so nice on 10 and 80 meters
though. Not much activity on 10 and 80 was tuff with the one way props. Many
repeats required when working guys east of the Mississippi. What a difference a
kilowatt makes! The 100W limit really shows where your antennas are weakest.
The value of a second radio was confirmed by making 151 extra QSO's. Last
summer during the NAQP RTTY I was still learning the techniques and only made
413 Q's. This time out I was much more confident with dueling CQ's and it
really paid off. You get quite busy when being called on two bands. My best
rate was 100/hr early evening on 20M and 40M. Overall, I was quite satisfied
with my results. It gives me a target for the next one.
Hope ya'll had as much fun as I did.
73 Paul NG7Z