[3830] CQ160 SSB VY2ZM(K6AAX) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 26 15:48:09 PST 2012

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K6AAX
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VY2

Total:  QSOs = 1190  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 54  Total Score = 901,966

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I am either one lucky dude or incredibly cursed!  I just happen to come from a
very competitive amateur radio family.  My two uncles, K3ZM (Peter) and K2DM
(George), are awesome.  They invited me to VP2 for CQWW SSB in October.  How
many of us get that opportunity?  My dad (VY2ZM (K1ZM)) has been an amazing
influence on my life.  Needless to say, I stand on the shoulders of GIANTS, in
my humble opinion.

Hopefully, W1BB (Stew Perry) would be proud of my effort here.  Some DX
Highlights and info to share:  OY, TF3, ER, TA1, 5B4, KH6AT, KH7Y(called me
once each night because he can), VY2OM (bless you...since I cannot work
myself), VA5DX, ZF2, CO2, HI5, XE1, C6 and others.  UU7J Wow :-)!  W6YI was the
1st West Coast to work me on Friday Night...followed by WU6W right after.
Generally, West Coast was loud...K7ZV, NK7U and N6RO stood out.  Hats off to
K7SS, WU6W and N7EKD for calling me.  I heard K7SS chattering about our contact
on frequency to the local net.  Stop QRMing me Danny...hi hi!  I heard all of
you Q5.  Almost better than home....

If conditions were bad this weekend, I would hate to see good conditions.
Compared to my home QTH in CA, this was HEAVEN ON EARTH....  Come to think of
it, I am the luckiest dude on the planet that happens to be cursed with the
impossible task of trying to keep up with the rest of my JEDI Master Family.

Thanks again, Dad!  You are the best....

73 de K6AAX

Patrick