[3830] NCQP NC4KW(@N1LN) Club Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 27 03:35:56 PST 2012

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N1LN, N1YXU
Station: N1LN

Class: Club Mixed LP
QTH: ORA

   80:  108     43
   15:   18     17
   10:
--------------------

Club: North Carolina Kilo Watts

Comments:

Once again this year my wife Laurie, N1YXU, and I entered the Club category and
used our NC4KW call.   She operated most of the SSB and I operated CW and some
SSB.  The activity seemed quite good and, for the most part, the conditions
were also.  We were looking for more action on 15, but it closed early.  As you
can see, Laurie had much better luck on 20 SSB than I did on 20 CW.  By the time
we got to 40 and 80 the CW â€" SSB ration started to change and then go in favor
of CW.  Unlike with many contests our hourly rates were almost the same.  The
range was from 81 to 52 with most hours being around 70.  We were able to work
both W4NC and NI4BK for the QSO bonus points and also Cherokee and Dare
counties for the County bonus points.  That adds an extra 300 points to the
score.

In the end our Q count and multiplier count beat all previous years. The posted
score includes all bonus points.  All in all it was another fun time.

73 from the NC4KW Club Team,

Laurie, N1YXU
Bruce, N1LN