[3830] ARRLDX CW W3TS SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 27 17:44:25 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: PA    FN10ml

Total:  339   144  Total Score = 146,448

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

All S&P as I Was limited to what I can copy as I now have a plasma TV at the
next door neighbor to contend with. How can these things pass emission testing
and be legal? Also new "growler" type noises from the crappy Comcast cable box
power supplies (and how can they meet emission standards)? With all these
noises, key clicks and QSB - copying weaker stations was a bit of
a problem.

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion plus 2x 3-500Z at 1200 watts.
TX Ant: 60 foot high 80M/40M fan dipole used as an 1/8 wave Tee on 160M over 70
x 70 foot long radials. 80M 1/4 wave vertical.
RX Ants:  300 foot NE/SW short beverage and 300 foot SE/NW beverage and a NE
and NW Flag. The best I can do on a 150 x 200 foot town lot with the help of
understanding neighbors.
Logger: N1MM