[3830] NAQP CW W4KAZ Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 15 09:16:26 PST 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

   15:   26     9
   10:    8     8
-------------------
Total:  416   155  Total Score = 64,480

Club:

Team: PVRC 3

Comments:

Conditions here seemed good.  After about 3:00pm local, 20m started to go short
and seemed to be open to everywhere in North America at once.  Worked TX, CA,
NY, SK and SC almost back to back right before I took a dinner break at 4:45pm
local.

Murphy showed his face in the form of a broken headphone jack on the homebrew
SO2R headphone audio jack, which I broke at 1805z. Better to log Q's than pull
the box from the patch cord rats nest, so that fix has to wait.  So no S&P2R.
:(

Unable to get runs on 10m or 15m.  20m run was decent.  Should have started on
20m and migrated to 40m much earlier.  40m was long by the time I got there,
moved down to 80m after short 40m pass.  80m was pretty good, nice and quiet
here in the KazShack.  Nice 80m run, and the 80m S&P was a blast.  160m was
also nice and quiet, with good signals.  Too bad condx were not as good as that
for Stew Perry.

But still only half as many Q's as the Top Gunz......and it is certain THAT
ain't because of Murphy.

73 es tnx fer q's and fills de w4kaz