[3830] RAC Day W1NN SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 2 15:20:52 PDT 2012

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:   15      1       2         1
   80:   60     35       7         5
   40:   70     15       7         3
   20:   59     75      10        10
Total:  126    204      19        26  Total Score = 94,590

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I put in 6 hours on Saturday night and one more hour Sunday morning.  I don't
operate much phone and I don't have a DVK or any way to call CQ without using
my voice, and by the time I quit on Saturday night, my voice was starting to
hurt.  Had I put in a full day on Sunday, I would have been real hoarse by the
end of the day, so I decided to pull the switch.

For the SOAB low power category, you need to spend significant amounts of time
on phone if you want to produce a good score.  I thought about the CW only
category, but it lumps together high power, low power and even QRP stations, so
lacking an amp I felt that I would be at a big disadvantage, so that's why I
chose to operate mixed.  If there were a CW only LP category, I probably would
have stayed the course.

But I did have a lot of fun Saturday night.  300 contacts in 6 hours is not a
bad rate and it's fun trying to find those mults, especially on 80 and 160.

Thanks to the sponsors and all the participants!

73, Hal W1NN