[3830] IARU AK4I SO SSB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 15 11:06:01 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AK4I
Operator(s): AK4I
Station: AK4I

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Marietta,GA

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0      11      3       3
   40:   0      90     13      19
   20:   0     180     25      35
   15:   0     126     22      31
   10:   0      15      3       4
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     422     66      92  Total Score = 191,180

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Propagation made this a more interesting contest than it already normally is.
At the start on Saturday Oceania was strong; worked the Philippines, Indonesia,
and others.  Around noon there was zero DX.  It came back gradually as the event
went on.  Couldn’t find anything on 160 meter phone the entire contest.  10
meters opened up for a period on Saturday.  Did find a flaw with one of my 80
meter wire antennas where squirrels had made a meal of the coax feed cable
rendering it inoperable (the SWR looked good and it would load but the received
and transmitted signals were in the toilet).  Fortunately I had a backup so was
able to get on the band.  Looking forward to next year!