[3830] IARU K9CU(KB9UWU) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 15 11:10:11 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9CU
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: KB9UWU

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: IL

   40:  247    133     17      19
   20:  173    200     21      22
   15:  215     96     21      30
   10:   11     10      6       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  646    439     65      71  Total Score = 405,824

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

laptop+k3+al80b+hexbeam at 15m+40m vertical.  Vertical went up Friday and will come
down Sunday.  I got the radials up a little higher, ends now around 8'agl, I
*think* it played better.  Had to take about 30 minutes off right at the start
to figure out a logging bug.  Logging program logged many 1 point stations as 3
points.  I believe my score to be 405,824 although logger says 501,840.  I
decided to operate now, fix later.  It was fun trying to race the CME arrival.
Luckily, it arrived a lot later than predicted.  Took 2-3 hours off during the
day due to local lightning.  Tstorms provided ufb static crashes for many
hours.  At 2am local time I ran out of steam and headed home.  It was
depressing not to have 20 open over the pole all night like usual.  Reading
some of amazing scores posted, it really makes me want to start planning a more
permanent station with higher antennas!

Not much for rate, except a few quick bursts on phone... this tells the story,

The best 60 minute rate was 133/hour from 2218 to 2317
The best 30 minute rate was 148/hour from 2220 to 2249
The best 10 minute rate was 204/hour from 2217 to 2226

The best 1 minute rates were:
 6 QSOs/minute    1 times.
 5 QSOs/minute    4 times.
 4 QSOs/minute   19 times.
 3 QSOs/minute   65 times.
 2 QSOs/minute  195 times.
 1 QSOs/minute  398 times.

Thanks to everyone for a fun day of radio!

73, Matt.