[3830] IARU K6MM M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 15 12:18:25 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6MM
Operator(s): K6MM
Station: K6MM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: California

  160:
   80:   48             8       3
   40:  110            18       8
   20:  344            25      14
   15:  215     2      22      16
   10:   15             7       2
-------------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were better than expected, so I gave it my best shot for 15 hours.
All time high score for me in this one.  Called CQ on 10M frequently, hoping it
would catch fire, but it didn't happen.  All CW except for one mult on 15M SSB.
Worked 50 countries -- 23 from Europe.  Multiplier Breakdown (missed Africa):
ASIA: 9V, BV, BY, HL, HS, JA, JT, UA9
EUROPE: 9A, CT, DL, E7, EA, F, G, HA, HB, I, LX, LZ, OE, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA,
SP, UA, UR, YL, YU
NORTH AMERICA: CM, HI, K, KL, KP2, KP4, VE, XE
OCEANIA: DU, KH6, VK, YB, ZL
SOUTH AMERICA: 9Y, CE, CX, HK, LU, PY

Operated M/S so I could watch the cluster for the 13 WRTC-2014 stations.
Worked 9 of the 13: K1GQ, K1RQ, K1ZD, N9NB, W1HH, W1MJ, W1SJ, W1UJ, WB1Z.  Hope
they learned a lot from their station test.

Overall fun contest.  Starting to enjoy it more.  No technical issues.  The K3,
ACOM 1000, 3-element SteppIR, G5RV and N1MM all played together nicely.  Thanks
for the Qs.  CU next time.  73, John, K6MM