[3830] IARU W3UA SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 15 19:26:10 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NH

  160:    26            3        9
   80:   113           14       22
   40:   581           28       33
   20:   582           24       32
   15:   700           24       25
   10:    22            8        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  2024    0     101      125  Total Score = 1,659,970

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My first IARU (except one I played in mid-90s from Dallas with a multiband
vertical -- doesn't count, hi-hi). Oh boy, it's DIFFERENT! Everything worked
well, antennas rotated and radiated, even noise was out most of the time, so
now it's clear that the "piece" between the chair and transceiver may be the
weakest part in every station design. I really didn't know what band to be on,
how to search for mults, etc.. But now I know how much the mid-summer contests
are different from spring/fall ones. Indeed, learning is a life-long endeavor.