[3830] IARU WA3AER SO SSB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 16 07:10:54 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Baltimore, MD

  160:
   80:           3      1       2
   40:          50      9      18
   20:          86     13      22
   15:          79     14      22
   10:           2      2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     220     39      64  Total Score = 59,740

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

At times it felt like I was pulling hen's teeth trying to break through
pile-ups. Antenna polarity diversity proved helpful a number of times as
propagation condx. changed.
A real treat was hearing (unfortunately unable to break thru) E51TAI in the
very capable hands of a YL op on 15M abt 0300Z, long after I had left the band
hours earlier in favor of a more active 20M. 2nd treat was contacting VK7 on an
otherwise dead 40M at 0835Z. I was beginning to think my antennas had flown the
coop while I took a 4 hr. "nap." Alas, it was the result of the X-flare, and
there were quiet condx. all around.
My 40M noise level is typ. S5-7, but it REALLY does drop in the wee hours of
the morning at this QTH. Should I be praying for more power outages?? ;J