[3830] IARU 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 16 12:05:07 PDT 2012

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs): 23h15

  160:   62      21     6       15
   80:   84     104     9       20
   40:   85     457    20       24
   20:  180     641    23       21
   15:  166     907    26       26
   10:   89     413    21       13
-------------------------------------
Total:  666    2543    97      127  Total Score = 3,397,408

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Going to 3V8BB QTH on Saturday morning, I was listening to the newsreader in a
local FM station announcing the weather predictions; "Temperature will reach
its maximum today at noon with 42°C!!" (...humm, when contest starts!) "and
cold winds will blow sunday afternoon deacreasing temperature" (...after the
end of the contest!!).
Fortunately, I was "armed" with an air blower placed at 1m from me, blowing at
full speed! And in my mind I was saying "Ash, no pain, no gain!"

This year's IARU HF participation is my first attempt with SO-HP Operation. I
had the chance to work HP in MS Category but never as Single Op! Competing with
BIG guns was something I was thinking of before the contest. I was taking things
seriously (than it should be!) and that was a little bit stressful for me. Added
to that a VOX that messed up in the first 30 minutes... panic... not really best
contest start!
Little by little, pileups are there and I started forgetting about score and
temperature, just enjoyed running!

Propagation was bad on Satuday and slightly improved on Sunday.

The QSO number looks interesting to me but the Multiplier score is "shameful"
:) and that's quite normal as I didn't think about SO2R Setup; a learnt lesson
for the upcoming contests!

Nice to meet friend of mine; NB2T, LZ3FN, RF9C and others.
Thanks for all the QSOs guys... Thanks to Hrane YT1AD for allowing me to use
the station.

Rates:
Best 10 minutes: 47 QSO
Best 60 minutes: 225 QSO