[3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jul 21 22:01:16 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA

Total:  816   202  Total Score = 164,832

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

After being pummeled by thunderstorms all week and more forecast for Saturday, I
was pleasantly surprised weather wasn't a factor. Really nice conditions early
on 10 and 15 meters. Didn't get the 3rd radio set up in time so just ran two.
Missed RI and SD. My brand new 80m inverted vee seems to work just as good as
the old one that was retired after 15+ years. SV2FLQ called me 80! I missed all
the W7 states on 80 except NV. I guess I should have taken a full hour for
dinner instead of 30 minutes. I was just starting to hear the west coast on 80
when I had to QRT at 0429Z.

Didn't realize the DMC RTTY contest (?) was this weekend as well. Gave out a
few serial numbers and appreciated the EU stations dropping in.

Thanks to everyone who moved to different bands for me. Worked N0AT, K0AD, and
N9CK on all five bands. There may have been others but those were the only ones
I noticed at the time.

Thanks to everyone who worked me. It was another great NAQP RTTY!

73, Don AA5AU